Studies have not established that either heart disease or gum disease actually causes the other.This is a difficult task because many of the risk factors for gum disease are the same as those for heart disease:
- Cigarette smoking
- Poor nutrition
- Being male
Warning signs for gum disease:
Gum disease affects 80 percent of Indians. Warning signs that you may have gum disease include:
- Red, tender or swollen gums.
- Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing.
- Gums that seem to be pulling away from your teeth
- Chronic bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth.
- Teeth, at are loose or are separating from each other.
If you have ave heart disease...
Estabish and maintain a healthy mouth. This means brushing and flossing daily and visiting your dentist regularly.
Make sure your dentist knows you have a heart problem, and share your complete medical history including any medications you are currently taking.
Carefully follow your physician's and dentist's instructions about health care, including using Prescription medications, such as antibiotics, as directed.
Why old fashioned dentures are not the answer.
Unsecured dentures are an old-fashioned solution for people who have lost all of their teeth. Unfortunately, you may find that wearing unsecured dentures can be painful, inconvenient and awkward. Such dentures make it difficult to chew a variety of foods, which can stop you from eating many of the foods you once enjoyed. Wearing dentures may also affect how you pronounce words, and therefore the way you speak.
Your dentist can help with modern implant solutions.
A variety of modern dental implant-based tooth replacement solutions are available. Any of these solutions can dramatically improve your quality of life; such as enabling proper chewing and speaking, increasing comfort and self confidence, and encouraging the consumption of a wider variety of foods. Ask your dentist for the solution that is right for you.
Your dentist has the solution that is right for you
Removable implant overdentures provide stability where few teeth are attached to two or more dental implants, making his a cost-effective option You can chew with confidence a variety of foods and your sense of taste is unaffected Your teeth can be removed for cleaning and the need for denture adhesives is eliminated
Dental implants offer you many advantages.
- Dental implants are accepted by dental professionals for over 40 years, as a successful and trusted method of tooth replacement used today.
- Act like your natural tooth root. You do not feel the difference .
- Are made of Biocompatible materials. As a result, they are accepted by your body.
- Your implant can actually last a lifetime with proper care and good oral hygiene.
- Maintain natural bone, and minimize further bone loss due to bone stimulation - one of their most important advantages.
- Provide stability and comfort, with no adjustment necessary after placement.